Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why do we do these?

spittttttt..
Krrrrrarghhhhhhhhhhh Thooooooooooo..
Pstrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..
Why does one do that and just about anywhere? Any time!
I just have not understood..the very fact that I just never get that feeling to spit any time, even in private (except while brushing, oh! I make noise then!) means its more a habit or involuntary act..I don’t see it serving any purpose except when people have cold. Then I wish they stay close to a wash basin and thoo to their lungs content.
Especially while traveling in buses or even while riding a bike..i just happened to see one creature dangerously riding a <100cc bike with his wife and 2 kids and maneuvering thru the morning traffic and just spitting along as he was cruising, unmindful of the folks just riding close to him. Many a times I have caught them up and told them its shameful to spit esp while riding or from a bus and all I get is a stunned stare, meaning ‘so what?’..
Its not that its just a Desi sport. NO! I have caught the likes of ponting, Akthars etc spitting in the field on live camera action! There were many whites who used to do so in Europe though this is v high in middle east and east!
Folks, pl advise any body who wud listen to you to refrain from this nonsensical habit..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home