Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Traffic snarl, anger and ecology!

I was just going thru one of those narrow lanes and suddenly saw a tricycle (manual driven, front loading types usually used to deliver stuff to shops) stranded right on the road, occupying some 20% of the road. As I neared it a mini lorry too was approaching from the other side. We both were caught up and had to wait for that tricycle to be (re)moved.
Normal situation..
Normally seething in anger wud be our 1st reaction followed by some gaalis, then u try to show ur anger in any which way it fits with affecting factors being your mood that time, co-travellers, weakness of the offending party etc.
I can be really nasty at times as I have done to a lorry guy once or to a MTC bus another time. Here for a moment I just thought I should slow down my temper and immediately I see that this tricycle is filled with goli soda ( a local cottage industry made soda bottles. Btw do you know that dry nonveg joke in the rural market about these sodas?)
I saw an old man ambling with the empty bottles (not that I don’t show my anger to old men, ask my father if u want) and the very next instant there were many other interesting thoughts that came up..i just had to calm myself a bit and the whole scene was so acceptable to me.
1/ hey.. it’s a local product. NOT PEPSI or COKE! YAayy..kudos…these guys are still alive!
2/ Many wud jump on this frail man not only bcos he is old but also bcos he is not that big industry/goonda distributor backed pepsi or such like. so lemme take his side.
3/ This tricycle was the most ecofriendly vehicle on the whole area- fully manual, no dependecy on market, saudi or US. Where us all us jokers were in one gas guzzler or another.
4/ If he weren’t doing this delivery it wud have been one of those big vans packed with the MNC colas, hughhhhh
5/ an old man after all working hard in this sunny afternoon- dunno what his problems are and who he is supporting.
So from industry to MNC to ecology to humanitarian considerations in a few minutes of traffic snarl.
I told you..something going awry..my nuts are loosening perhaps..but I feel its ok..
What say u?

Labels: