Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Gopi manjuri

Guess that?
That’s gobi Manchurian! That’s what was written on a big board outside a take away in Blore outskirts..chop that manchurian race with spelling and miming their cuisine;-)
But such is the fun of traveling by bus thru far outskirts in any town..
This was when I traveled by bus from kengeri to BTM via uttarahalli..
Oh that’s a nostalgic route for me.. one and half decades back that was my route to go to Mysore road from south of blore..that too with Royal Enfield Bullet, my first girl friend! That used to be a lush route with so much greenery and less buildings.. today its inverse..more concrete than green..still a better scene than coming thru the regular route.
As I am devouring my nostalgic memories, I hear some interesting dialogues from my back…(again buses are fun to eavesdrop)
1: Hey, see this..so many new houses..
2: no use man.none will buy solar heaters, useless houses..
1: see there, that’s one telugu person’s house..i installed..
2: so many houses, I thought we shud go there..why u say they wont buy?
(aha! Some sales/service guys..i cudnt stop smiling..then they drag on about their market, problems etc)
so as I go back to old memories and the scene now another bright name board attracts my attention..
it says ‘Drink & drive’..
whattt? I glance back to see it’s a fruit juice shop:-)
so much for the fun derived from bus trips..and its ecofriendly too…

Labels: