Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

India shining?

Dunno if it’s a good sign or bad..I find a lot of western thinking coming in to our society..the other day met a few of my old friends who generally (ritually from those days) get together and discuss so much as to “improve” India, world, Indian cricket, TN, Madras (not necessarily in that order!)..for hours that too;-)
One such ‘meeting’ happened y’day and after some time these guys, believe me, were discussing dogs..ooph..each one was throwing jargons like lab, dash, rotweiler etc..and jokes on dogs (remember ‘jesus is watching you joke!)..am surprised and find it difficult to accept this new topic in to our ‘improvement’ agenda..and as I come home I see an advt on TV about some dog food - pedigree is the brand! Then I just look around and the basement of my neighboring apts is occupied by a dog/cat food shop..don’t under estimate here..its bigger than my nearest food world!
Then the dressing(!) sense(!!), usage of cell phones, care-a-hoot-for-money attitude, weekend outings, no family values, only TV than people interaction,whimsically throwing/replacing cell fones n other gadgets,what not..as an ad says..naadu engayoo poyutrukku..(transliteration:: Country is going ‘somewhere')

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home