Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Did it!!! (but am I happy?)

U guys know of my cargo fiasco and that I had vowed, I shall not spare them..I know, many of you would have coolly brushed it off as empty gas..but I was not to leave it at that..
As promised I pursued, pushed, pressured, threatened (ok sometimes begged, but why should I say that in public) and finally turned some stones..
Finally I made them cough up USD3000! But am I happy? NO..
No, don’t get me wrong..am not being greedy..just that wanted them to feel a pinch..I did contact one of my close friends, a lawyer with good practice(ya a rarity!). He said – try and pinch what u can, don’t expect our system to help u overcome ur agony or understand ur pains..You cant expect our court or system to pitch in and understand ur woes and get u better compensation..infact u wud get an insensitive “they are saying they will compensate na? get it..” for what ever little is the compensation offered..so push only with words and get as much..
So I had lost the hopes of a legal redressal long back..but was resolved not to take it lying back easily..after all I had the time and patience..so many mails, phone calls, tacit pressures/ threats later I got something.. I know I should be happy..No I wanted the pinch to be more so that they really lost some face and some (figure)heads turned around to take care this wud not happen again..but I have my doubts..
Still, something is better than nothing..
so the early birds* who read this and happen to live in Chennai and reach me in time can claim a treat at a place of your choice..am in town only till the weekend btw.
* - pl note that I said early birds and there is a star there!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home