Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hatrick

Since this happened, I have fasted 3 times and successfully! The last of this trio was spent doing my regular chores- went thru 3 govt offices (that includes waiting, waiting and waiting and finally being pushed to ‘next week’ or some such deflection tactics), visiting friends, restore bazaar activities, travel back to my home that is 30 kms from the city. All this with reasonable ease!
One other interesting fall out was that atleast 3 of my friends mailed to ask some doubts reg this and they also attempted fasting! That’s a great impact in my diary:-) btw i drink one or 2 chai and close to 1 litre of water during the fasting. I seriously dunno if I can do without this.
One of the great writers of tamil, Balakumaran, with whom I used to interact closely during my college days had this to say one day – ‘an average student that Iam, got the opportunity of reading some great books of JK, Ayn Rand, thija, sujata et al and changed. Even if 4 people read me and change for good in their life, my goal is achieved’. That was modesty, I know. But so much for good influence!
Thanks for attempting to fast folks! Thats really interesting n fun and to know u all had it in mind before and this blog triggered the serious try.. even if u thought- after all if he can do, why cant I- it could be a very logical reason:-) anywhich way am elated.
Now, go and fast regularly. It is helping, really!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2009 9:43 AM, Blogger Radhika said…

    Uday and I fasted yesterday, Vaikunta ekadasi. I found myself developing a headache and also unable to focus well. So I converted into a liquid fast -- buttermilk, coconut water, and orange juice. Which helped me go through the day easier.

     
  • At January 10, 2009 9:01 PM, Blogger Ananthoo said…

    @ radhika - thats great! welcome to the party er fasting party! Its only the 1st few hours then u really cope up easily. only water shud be the best for next times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home