Ananthoo's updates

When all trees have been cut down, when all animals have been hunted, when all waters are polluted, when all air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. - Cree Prophecy

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Occupy Wall Street!

heard of OWS? see here!
Thats an amazing development where the common man & woman are fighting the might in non-violent and creative ways..
bringing to light the domination by the corporates and rich (rightly called the 1%) on the rest of us (99%)..they set out demonstrating in New york against the wall street- symbolically and significantly against the financial giants.
ok not giants but suckers..who suck our taxes and monies and pretend to be financial giants and wizards where as they have been living on doles and bails outs and convenient, illogical tax cuts..and their chiefs live on vulgar amounts of bonuses and incentives - prolly for screwing up the economy and our lives..
NO! this aint communism! its the reality..
one cannot sweep this as the struggle of jobless and poor..for once the reality is surfacing..
so watch out, read carefully, try and understand..dont see it superficially..scratch the surface, please..

For one I really admire the way the Americans (one cud say westerners!)protest..there is so much fun and innovation out there..
see how they have made that whole area look..
non violent but fun and creative..
cool, eh?

One also knows that almost all ills (evils?) emanate from the US of A! and here iam happy such antidote too comes from there..isn't it wonderful that there is space for such things too out there?

see those slogans "we are the 99%" and "1% vs 99%" are really catching up fast..
for once i say 'come on US! way to go!'

what I love the most is that now it is slowly moving across arenas..where it was concentrating on US centric ills like big bonuses, huge bail outs and the typical capitalist problems, now they are talking of the ills of all their huge corporates..
so now over to food, agriculture, agri chemicals and all..

see this:
(thx Devi!)
Just do not miss reading this in full, atleast twice! its an amazing piece..
talks about all ills of the corporate giants and the consolidation of the industry forces (each one has just 3 or 4 of the major houses dominating!) and how their influence (lobbying and framing of favourable rules for themselves) has lead to major ills for the society.

thats a good development..that this mindless corporatisation, its (d)evilish designs to dominate and rule the rest of us with scant respect to the health, safety and ethics is being exposed across industry is such a great development!
But the whole media is silent (where not silent is against this) on this because they just wont open against the corporates and rich u see!
what a world we have inherited bcos of these corporate goons..
what bottomless greed barrels these are!

Thats why this is such a poetic justice- that such a movement has started in US and now spreading across the globe at such a pace..

Come on folks! way to go OWS!

Labels: , ,

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs no more. RIP:-(

one of the brightest fella to have visited this planet, Steve Jobs was an amazing guy who delivered the best always..just check out if any one else has ever 'delivered' in their second innings, after being brought in -chucked out for his own house at the 1st place!.. This man did it..and during this time he was pushed out of Apple, he did create ripples with Pixar and went on to be the largest share holder of Disney!
The master innovator is no more:-(

Mac was unbeatable and unthinkable for the windows world..and in his 2nd innings he delivered such a master stroke with! what a genius he was..

but one has to see how smooth a transition he effected -now or even when he was chucked out of Apple..

remember the advt of apple in 1976 when IBM came in to PC making- for the 1st time..full page ads claiming :"welcome IBM, seriously- apple" of the best ads ever, for me.. and the other master stroke was when windows 95 made such hulla about their features like plug and play, drag and drop, bla bla.."ok, so what? we have been having all these for more than a decade now!"

and one cant forget his speech at Stanford..can u? it did so many rounds on email forwards!
That is one of the best speeches! if u didnt see that earlier read now:

Labels: ,

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

;-) some eyeballs